Church Begins at Home: The 5th Sunday of Easter
Message from Fr. Desmond Drummer
Scroll all the way down to see the playlist for the Fifth Sunday of Easter
Opening the Scriptures at Home
The global Catholic Church is reflecting on the same readings from the Bible for the Fifth Sunday of Easter. We remain spiritually connected to one another as we open our hearts to the Word of God.
1. Encounter the Word of God
Read the Biblical readings for the Fifth Sunday of Easter
Listen to the Biblical readings for the Fifth Sunday of Easter
2. Reflect on the Word of God
Silently reflect, write down or share your insights about the readings.
You may also desire to watch a video reflection on the Biblical readings from the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Spend some time in silence and bring to your mind some of the prayer intentions you have.
Introduce The Lord's Prayer in these or similar words: Gathering our prayers into one, we now pray in the words that Jesus gave us...
Focused Learning Opportunities & Activities for Young People
These activities provide encounters and experiences for people of all ages.
- Watch "Jesus Loves Me"
- Enjoy the "Jesus Is the Way" coloring sheet. Parents/Guardians: write "John 14" on the color sheet and be sure that Jesus reflects your child's racial/ethnic identity.
- Watch "'I Am' The Way the Truth and the Life - John 14"
- Enjoy the John 14:6 coloring sheet. Parents/Guardians: be sure that Jesus reflects your child's racial/ethnic identity.
- Watch "I AM the way the truth and the life Children's Talk"
- Enjoy the crossword puzzle: 'I Am' The Way the Truth and the Life
- Watch "What did Jesus mean... (John 14:6)" from Got Questions Ministries
- Listen to "My Life Is in Your Hands" by Kirk Franklin and God's Property
- Watch invitation to the Emerging Adults Virtual Meeting at 7pm
Playlist for the Fifth Sunday of Easter
"Jesus Christ Is the Way" - Walter Hawkins
"Do Not Let Your Hearts Be Troubled" - David Haas
"Jesus Is the Answer" - Andraé Crouch
"I Have Decided to Follow Jesus" - Maurette Brown Clark