Preparation for First Communion
Bible-based | Family-led | Parish-supported
Preparation for First Communion involves the exploration of key narratives and passages in the Bible that relate to Eucharist, Christian life and Reconciliation. Additionally, a Scripture-based Act of Contrition further emphasizes the importance of knowing the Word of God.
As the primary religious educators, parents/guardians will:
- Explore key bible narratives and passages at home.
- Ensure child is attending Sunday Eucharist and participating in family-centered religious education program.
- In consultation with the pastor (Fr. Desmond Drummer), determine when the child is prepared to celebrate Reconciliation and First Communion.
- Initiate the conversation with the pastor (Fr. Desmond Drummer) to select the day of First Reconciliation & First Communion
The parish will support parents/guardians by:
- Providing a lifelong religious education program.
- Supplying resources that will assist parents in preparing their children for Reconciliation and Eucharist.
- Referring parents/guardians to additional faith formation resources.
- Providing individualized support to address any special needs.