An Update on New Developments in the Weekday Liturgy Schedule
at Most Blessed Sacrament Church
26 March 2017
Dear Friends in Christ,
Since the beginning of Lent 2017 we have ushered in new developments in our weekday liturgy schedule:
- Moving morning liturgy from 9am to 8:30am, Monday - Thursday (now including Wednesday morning).
- Offering reconciliation weekly on Wednesdays from 6:00pm - 6:45pm.
- Introduction of Morning Prayer (Monday) and Eucharistic Exposition & Benediction (Thursday).
As I have communicated in the past, the renewal of our weekday liturgy schedule provides for a much-needed liturgical variety throughout the week. Our embrace of liturgical variety allows us to:
- Increase our focus on Sacred Scripture, the Word of God.
- Draw more completely from the rich liturgical tradition of our Catholic Church.
- Expand opportunities for la.
The Psalmist said “Sing unto the Lord a new song” (Psalm 96:1). Our “new song” involves creatively renewing our daily communal worship with refreshing Catholicity.
Weekday morning liturgies are now offered at 8:30am Monday-Thursday (including Wednesday). Wednesday evening Eucharist will continue to be celebrated at 7pm.
Monday: Morning Prayer
On Mondays we gather as a community for Morning Prayer, a part of the Liturgy of the Hours. Morning Prayer involves responsive reading of psalms and canticles, singing of hymns, and prayerful intercessions in light of the needs of our brothers and sisters around the world.
Wednesday Midweek Eucharist
Wednesday will become a day for midweek Eucharist. Eucharist is celebrated twice on Wednesday: 8:30am and 7:00pm.
Reconciliation Offered Weekly
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is offered weekly on Wednesday from 6:00 - 6:45pm.
Thursday: Eucharistic Exposition & Benediction
The Rite of Eucharistic Exposition and Benediction is offered on Thursday at 8:30am. This liturgy concludes by 9:00am.
Rev. Desmond W. Drummer